I just remembered that I haven’t shared any recipe on my blog lately, and I thought I’d catch up now. As usual, what I have in mind is super easy and quick to make. It’s called Chicken in Asparagus soup.
It’s just something I put together once when I ran out of stuff to prepare and I just had to serve something my kids will surely eat. If you’re a work-at-home, home schooling mom like me, this is a pretty handy recipe to learn. I served this twice to guests, too, and it has not failed me yet.
5-6 pieces of chicken (adobo or tinola cut)
3 pieces of potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 large carrot, peeled and cubed
1 pack of Cream of Asparagus (I prefer the taste of Campbell’s canned cream of Asparagus, but they say that the packed ones are the healthier alternatives, so that’s what I get now) Dissolve it in a cup of water or as instructed.
1 piece small onions, sliced
2 regular sized tomatoes, sliced
5-6 boiled eggs
1 tsp low sodium Kikkoman sauce (optional)
Elbow macaroni (optional, if not serving with rice or high grain bread)
How to cook:
1. In a pot, saute sliced onions and tomatoes.
2. Add in the chicken pieces, mix and wait for it to simmer with the tomatoes.
3. Once simmering, pour in the dissolved cream of Asparagus and add 2 more cups of water.
4. Stir consistently. Add Potatoes and Carrots. (Add elbow macaroni after 2 minutes, optional)
5. Add 1 tsp low sodium Kikkoman sauce.
6. Add a dash of salt.
7. Add pepper.
8. Stir consistently, bring to boil.
9. Once chicken and other ingredients are cooked, put into a bowl, then add the boiled eggs.
There you have it, another one of my cheat recipes. I hope my Chicken in Asparagus soup serves you well. And if you plan to try it, don’t forget the drill. Tag @fullyhousewifed on Facebook or Instagram when you post about it, okay? Enjoy!