I honestly don’t know how to call this dish so I’m just going to be literal about it — I call it Cheesy Low Carb Eggplant & Broccoli dish. I just came up with it last night, but I think I’ve based it on an eggplant cracker dip I once saw. Only that I added broccoli and beef, and left out the cream for this one.
Anyway, I’ve been struggling to go back to a low carb diet (just so hard to steer clear of rice, bread, and pasta when you’re a Filipino!) and I thought last night was as good as any to try again.
This is very easy to make. You basically just put everything together and bake, except for the eggplant that I decided to cook first so it would have that delicious soft eggplant that I always enjoy.
2 medium Eggplants (sliced in small pieces)
Broccoli (1 floret chopped into smaller florets)
1C Cooked Beef
2 packs Arla Natural Cheese spread
1 grated Cheddar Melt (I used Eden for this one, but you can use a more Keto-friendly variant)
1C Emborg grated Mozzarrella Cheese
Chopped onion stalks for sprinkling (Optional — because I forgot to add mine, haha!)
How to make:
1. Drizzle olive oil on the sliced eggplants, add salt and pepper to taste, then cook using a pan over low heat.
2. Once the eggplant is cooked, drain and lay out on your baking dish.
3. Spread one pack of the natural cheese over the eggplant base. Set aside.
4. Cook beef in a pan with a little oil over medium heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Once cooked, drain the oil and spread over your dish.
6. Spread the chopped broccoli on top of your beef
7. Spread one pack of Arla Natural Cheese on top of the broccoli layer.
8. Generously sprinkle grated Cheddar melt and Mozzarrella cheese over your layers.
10. Once done, sprinkle with a little chopped spring onions.
I was really only after the eggplant but since we had broccoli, I thought it would make such a fine addition to what I had in mind to cook. Jay and I just ate the dish on its own for dinner and were both happy and full afterwards.
If you’re one of those ”cheese is life” kind of people, this dish is def one to try. As far as I go, it’s ”craving satisfied!”
Looks really yummy and healthy!!! I love everything with cheese on it!
I have never thought that eggplant, broccoli, and cheese would make a good combination. It looks yum!
tastes good, too. 🙂
at first hindi mo iisipin na eggplant ganda ng presentation and then yung cheese nya ang dami ang sarap, gayahin namin yan ….
Ang sarap! Will try it at home! 🙂
Type ko tong mga low carb recipes!!! Try ko nga to.
It looks quite delish and you make it seem so easy to prepare. Will keep this in mind for the next potluck.
Oh my I should try this! This is perfect, ’cause I’m looking for an eggplant recipe. Thanks for this!
Looks yummy. This is a good way to hide the taste of the veggies if kids doesn’t like it.
Most people don’t like eggplant, but I just love it. Put in cheese and my favorite vegetable and you have me salavating. Will definitely they this some time!
Everything with cheese, I’ll eat!!! Nice recipe!
My son loves broccoli! I’m sure he’ll love this! Thanks for sharing. I’ll try this soon..
We would love to try this! Mozzarrella for the win!
Wow ang sarap kasi cheesy??.
Gustong gusto ng mga kids ko ang broccoli mommy. Mas pina healthy ang dish na ito at mas maakit SILA dahil sa cheese❤️❤️❤️